The Supreme Court of Canada and social justice : commitment, retrenchment or retreat /
- Publication info:
- Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2010.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Nov 01, 2019||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
The role and functions of the Final Appellate Courts, proceedings of the symposium held on September 26 and 27, 1975 in the Lester B. Pearson Building, Ottawa = [Célébration du centenaire de la Cour suprême du Canada (1875-1975) : le rôle et les attributions des Cours d'appel de dernière instance : compte rendu du symposium des 26 et 27 septembre 1975 en l'immeuble Lester B. Pearson, Ottawa / Supreme Court of Canada]. --
KF 8764 ZA2 R65
- Corporate Subject:
- The Supreme Court of Canada and social justice : commitment, retrenchment or retreat / general editors, Sanda Rodgers, Sheila McIntyre.
- Other Authors:
Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2010
- Physical Description:
li, 538 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the Supreme Court of Canada and social justice : commitment, retrenchment, or retreat / Sanda Rodgers and Sheila McIntyre
- Getting heard : leave to appeal, interveners, and procedural barriers to social justice in the Supreme Court of Canada / Sanda Rodgers
- Between principle and pragmatism : the decline of principled reasoning in the jurisprudence of the McLachlin court / Graham Mayeda
- The story in aboriginal law and aboriginal law in the story : a Métis professor's journey / Larry Chartrand
- The equality jurisprudence of the McLachlin court : back to the 70s / Sheila McIntyre
- Unequal to the task : "Kapp"ing the substantive potential of Section 15 / Margot Young
- "Terrorism or whatever" : the implications of Alberta v. Hutterian Brethren of Wilson Colony for women's equality and social justice / Jennifer Koshan and Jonnette Watson Hamilton
- Poverty and social justice at the Supreme Court during the McLachlin years : slipsliding away / Jennie Abell
- Constitutional castaways : poverty and the McLachlin Court / Martha Jackman
- Equality and Supreme Court criminal jurisprudence : never the twain shall meet / Elizabeth Sheehy
- Twenty years later Taylor still has it right : how the Canadian Human Rights Act's hate speech provision continues to contribute to equality / Jane Bailey
- Human rights statutes as a tool to eliminate and prevent discrimination : reflection on the Supreme Court of Canada's jurisprudence / Karen Schucher
- International human rights law in the Supreme Court's Charter jurisprudence : commitment, retrenchment, and retreat : in no particular order / John H. Currie
- Does preserving the environment advance or conflict with social justice and human rights? / Heather McLeod-Kilmurray
- The pursuit of environmental justice in the McLachlin Court / Nathalie J. Chalifour and Gavin Smith.