Queer mobilizations : LGBT activists confront the law /
- Publication info:
- New York, N.Y. : New York University Press, c2009.
On the Shelf
- Queer mobilizations : LGBT activists confront the law / edited by Scott Barclay, Mary Bernstein, and Anna-Maria Marshall.
- Other Authors:
New York, N.Y. : New York University Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
viii, 376 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 321-353) and index.
9780814791301 (hbk. : alk. paper)0814791301 (hbk. : alk. paper)9780814791318 (pbk. : alk. paper)081479131X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The challenge of law : sexual orientation, gender identity, and social movements /Mary Bernstein, Anna-Maria Marshall, and Scott Barclay
- Deferral of legal tactics : a global LBGT social movement organization's perspective /Ashley Currier
- Queer legal victories : intersectionality revisited /Darren Rosenblum
- Intimate equality : the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender movement's legal framing of sodomy laws in the Lawrence v. Texas case /Nicholas Pedriana
- Deciding under the influence? The "one-hit wonders" and organized-interest participation in U.S. Supreme Court gay rights litigation /Courtenay W. Daum
- Parents and paperwork : same-sex parents, birth certificates, and emergent legality /Susan M. Sterett
- The reform of sodomy laws from a world society perspective /David John Frank, Steven A. Boutcher, and Bayliss Camp
- Like sexual orientation? Like gender? Transgender inclusion in nondiscrimination ordinances /Amy L. Stone
- Pushing the envelope : Dillon's rule and local domestic-partnership ordinances /Charles W. Gossett
- Explaining the differences : transgender theories and court practice /Marybeth Herald
- It takes (at least) two to tango : fighting with words in the conflict over same-sex marriage /Shauna Fisher
- Do civil rights have a face? Reading the iconography of special rights /Jonathan Goldberg-Hiller
- A jury of one's queers : revisiting the Dan White trial /Casey Charles
- The gay divorcée : the case of the missing argument /Ellen Ann Andersen.