The role of labour standards in development : from theory to sustainable practice? /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Published for the British Academy by Oxford University Press, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Mar 04, 2020||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- The role of labour standards in development : from theory to sustainable practice? / edited by Tonia Novitz and David Mangan.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Oxford : Published for the British Academy by Oxford University Press, 2011
- Variant Title:
- Role of labor standards in development
- Item Description:
Collection of essays based upon proceedings of a conference held at the British Academy Rooms in London in May 2009.
- Physical Description:
xii, 260 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- An introduction to the role of labour standards in development / Tonia Novitz and David Mangan
- Comparative institutional advantage in the context of development / Bob Hepple
- Human freedom and human capital : re-imagining labour law for development / Brian Langille
- Gender, equality and capabilities : care work and sustainable development / Judy Fudge
- The political economy of women's human rignts : problems of gender, violence, development and labour / Jacqui True
- Promoting equality through social inclusion : case studies from the European social charter / Mark Bell
- Some remarks on the economics of child labour / Sonia Bhalotra
- Child labour : an analysis of the nature of corporate responsibility / Surya Deva
- The very basis of our existence : labour and the neglected environmental dimension of sustainable development / Beate Sjåfjell
- Development, the movement of persons, and labour law : reasonable labour market access and its decent work complement / Adelle Blackett
- Corporate social responsibility : its potential and its limits for labour participation / Charlotte Villiers
- Corporate social responsibility meets traditional supervision of fundamental labour rights : why CSR needs social dialogue to fill the governance gaps / David Tajgman
- Big unions and big business : can international framework agreements promote sustainable development at a local level? / Tonia Novitz
- An afterword : impressions and suggestions for a way forward / Rolph van der Hoeven.