Circulating communities : the tactics and strategies of community publishing /
- Publication info:
- Lanham : Lexington Books, c2012.
On the Shelf
- Circulating communities : the tactics and strategies of community publishing / edited by Paula Mathieu, Steve Parks, and Tiffany Rousculp.
- Other Authors:
Lanham : Lexington Books, 2012
- Physical Description:
vi, 223 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Circulating communities: the tactics and strategies of community publishing / Paula Mathieu, Steve Parks, Tiffany Rousculp
- Making writing accessible to all: The Federation of Worker Writers and Community Publishers and The Fed / Nick Pollard and Pat Smart
- The challenges of circulation: international networking of homeless publications / Paula Mathieu
- Respect, writing, community: write around Portland / Sara Guest with Hanna Neuschwander and Robyn Steely
- Listen to my story: the transformative possibilities of storytelling in immigrant communities / Mark Lyons
- Oral histories as community outreach: toward a deeper understanding of a rural public sphere / Laurie Cella
- Unfinished: a story of Sine cera, a community publication in process / Rachel Meads
- "Here in this place": Write on! of Durham, North Carolina / Kimberly Abels ... [et al.]
- Sharing space: collaborative programming within and between communities / Mairead Case, Annie Knepler, and Rupal Soni
- Katrina in their own words: collecting, creating, and publishing writing on the storm / Richard Louth
- Writers speaking out: the challenges of community publishing from spaces of confinement / Tobi Jacobi and Elliott Johnston, with the SpeakOut! Writing Workshop facilitators and writers
- "A bunch of us beg to differ!": queer community literacy and rhetorics of civic pride / A.V. Luce.