Aboriginal child welfare, self-government and the rights of indigenous children : protecting the vulnerable under international law /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Aboriginal child welfare, self-government and the rights of indigenous children : protecting the vulnerable under international law / Sonia Harris-Short.
- Main Author:
- Harris-Short, Sonia.
Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2012
- Physical Description:
xx, 319 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -309) and index.
Table of Contents
- The colonization of Aboriginal children and families
- Reforming the Australian and Canadian child welfare systems : sensitization and accommodation
- The promise and risks of Aboriginal self-government over Aboriginal child welfare
- The right to self-government and protecting the vulnerable : balancing rights under Canadian constitutional law
- Indigenous peoples, self-determination and self-government in international law
- Protecting the vulnerable within the framework of self-determination.