Global minority rights /
- Publication info:
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT, USA : Ashgate, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Global minority rights / edited by Joshua Castellino.
- Other Authors:
Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT, USA : Ashgate, 2011
- Physical Description:
xxiv, 631 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Historical background : international law moves from protection of particular groups to norms of an universal character / Patrick Thornberry
- Minorities and the League of Nations in interwar Europe / Mark Mazower
- The internationalization of minority rights / Will Kymlicka
- The bases of minority identity / Philip Vuciri Ramaga
- To bellow like a cow : women, ethnicity and the discourse of rights / Radhika Coomaraswamy
- The idea of human rights as perceived in the Ottoman Empire / Berdal Aral
- The headscarf affair : the Conseil d'État on the role of religion and culture in French society / Elisa T. Beller
- Tiptoeing through a constitutional minefield : the great Sharia controversy in Nigeria / Andrew Ubaka Iwobi
- The new economic policy and interethnic relations in Malaysia / Jomo K.S.
- Merit principles / Christopher McCrudden
- Reversing discrimination / Sandra Fredman
- Comprehensive examination of thematic issues relating to the elimination of racial discrimination : the concept and practice of affirmative action / Marc Bossyut
- The emerging right to democratic governance / Thomas M. Franck
- Justice and reparations / Howard McGary
- Equality and non-discrimination : fundamental principles of minority language rights / Fernand de Varennes
- A critical evaluation of international human rights approaches to racism / Kevin Boyle and Anneliese Baldaccini
- Reinforcing marginalized rights in an age of globalization : international mechanisms, non-state actors, and the struggle for peoples' rights in Africa / J. Oloka-Onyango
- "Righting," restructuring, and rejuvenating the postcolonial African state : the case for the establishment of an AU Special Commission on National Minorities / Obiora Chinedu Okafor
- Minorities, poverty and the Millennium Development Goals : assessing global issues / Gay McDougall.