The status of interpretation in Italian American studies : proceedings of the first Forum in Italian American Criticism (FIAC) /
- Publication info:
- Stony Brook, NY : Forum Italicum Publishing, c2011.
On the Shelf
- The status of interpretation in Italian American studies : proceedings of the first Forum in Italian American Criticism (FIAC) / edited by Jerome Krase.
- Other Authors:
Stony Brook, NY : Forum Italicum Publishing, 2011
Filibrary series ; no. 30.
- Meeting Name:
Forum in Italian American Criticism
- Physical Description:
xvii, 237 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 229-234) and index.
Table of Contents
- Conference rationale /Peter Carravetta
- Introduction /Jerome Krase
- The ice margin /Robert Viscusi
- Commedia della morte: theories of life and death in Italian American culture /Fred Gardaphè
- Reflections on Italian Americans and "Otherness" /Anthony Julian Tamburri
- Renewing the conceptual dimensions of Italian-American writing and scholarship /William Boelhower
- Via the margin of the poetic /Djelal Kadir
- Questioning the traditionalism of Italian American literature /Martino Marazzi
- Interpreting the Italian look: visual semiotics of ethnic authenticity /Jerome Krase
- Creolizing the lack: interpreting race and racism in Italian America /Francesca Canadé Sautman
- Whiteness and ethnicity in Italian-American historiography /Stefano Luconi
- Theorizing Italian American history: the search for an historiographical paradigm /Gerald Meyer
- The dog catches his tail: a critical reflection on the value of an Italian American identity in personal development /Donna Chirico
- Re-interpreting Italian-American politics: the role of ethnicity /Ottorino Cappelli
- Conference program.