Defamation law in the Internet age : essentials for litigators and corporate counsel.
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Osgoode Professional Development Centre, 2011
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
A brief to the Law Amendments Committee, Nova Scotia Legislative Assembly, with respect to Bill no.115 : an act to control the storage and supply of personal information by consumer reporting agencies / submitted by the Consumer Law Course, Faculty of Law, Dalhousie University. --
KF 1266.5 C7 D35 1973A
- Defamation law in the Internet age : essentials for litigators and corporate counsel.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto : Osgoode Professional Development Centre, 2011
- Item Description:
"September 27, 2011."Chairs: Peter A. Downard, M. Philip Tunley ; faculty: Daniel Bernstein, Susan Gaudi, Jamie Cameron, Ryder Gilliland, Richard G. Dearden, Lorne Honickman, Peter Jacobsen, David A. Potts, Christian LeBlanc, Grace Shafran.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The plaintiff's case : the elements of the cause of action in libel / by Peter A. Downard
- Key defences to defamation [presentation slides] / Richard G. Dearden
- The new summary judgment rule and defamation claims : revolutionary or more of the same? / by Peter Jacobsen and Ioana Bala
- Defamation and the Internet : social media primer / by Sue Gaudi
- [Excerpts from Cyberlibel : information warfare in the 21st century / David A. Potts]
- Defamation in the mainstream media : notice requirements, the impact of the Charter & production and discovery issues / Ryder L. Gilliland and Erin Hoult
- Defamation in a labour and employment context : overview of recent developments [presentation slides] / M. Philip Tunley
- Defamation in a labour and employment context / M. Philip Tunley and Brian P.L.J. Smeenk
- Workshop : issues and strategy in the defamation file : scenarios for discussion.