Laughing at the gods : great judges and how they made the common law /
- Publication info:
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Jan 20, 2020||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
The Cambridge lectures 1981 : selected papers based upon lectures delivered at the Conference of the Canadian Institute for Advanced Legal Studies, 1981, held at Cambridge University, England, and l'Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain - la - Neuve, Belgium / edited by Nancy E. Eastham and Boris Krivy. --
K 175 C36 1981
- Laughing at the gods : great judges and how they made the common law / Allan C. Hutchinson.
- Main Author:
- Hutchinson, Allan C., 1951-,
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty author: Allan C. Hutchinson
- Physical Description:
x, 318 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- In search of great judges: playing by their own rules
- Lord Mansfield: a long journey
- John Marshall: a founding judge
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr: the magnificent yankee
- James Atkin: an ordinary person
- Tom Denning: an English gardener
- Thurgood Marshall: a man on a mission
- Bertha Wilson: making the difference
- Albie Sachs: of struggles and lies
- Judging the future: a leap in the dark.