Compliance and compromise : the jurisprudence of gender pay equity /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Pub., 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Compliance and compromise : the jurisprudence of gender pay equity / by Cher Weixia Chen.
- Main Author:
- Chen, Cher Weixia.
Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Pub., 2011
Nijhoff law specials ; v. 76.
- Portion of Title:
- Jurisprudence of gender pay equity
"As domestic industrial relations and labor conditions have been seriously challenged by globalization, various international labor standards have been proposed to safeguard and promote labor rights. However, an important question remains: are these rules and standards enforceable and well enforced? Compliance and Compromise: The Jurisprudence of Gender Pay Equity examines the status of one of the core international labor standards--gender pay equity--that has been largely overlooked, and explores how domestic legislative and judicial systems respond to the core International Labor Organization Convention No. 100 on Equal Remuneration. It unravels under what circumstance legislative and judicial compliance occurs, with the novel application of the relatively new theory 'transnational legal process' to explicate the phenomenon of 'compliance'"--Provided by publisher.
- Physical Description:
xi, 205 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -188) and index.
Table of Contents
- Gender pay equity and the international instruments
- Legislative compliance : the process of "internalization"
- Judicial compliance : the process of "interpretation"
- The process of "interaction"
- Canada v. Japan : the best v. the worst.