Cultural heritage conventions and other instruments : a compendium with commentaries /
- Publication info:
- Builth Wells, U.K. : Institute Of Art And Law, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Legal aspects of international art trade = Aspects juridiques du commerce international de l'art = Aspectos jurídicos des comercio internacional del arte / Martine Briat, Judith A. Freedberg, editors ; [sponsored by] Institute of International Business Law and Practice, International Chamber of Commerce [and] Fundación Central Hispano.
K 3778 L44 1993
The protection of cultural property in the event of armed conflict : commentary on the Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict and its protocol, signed on 14 May, 1954 in the Hague, and on other instruments of international law concerning such protection / Jiří Toman.
K 3791 A41954 A38 1996
- Cultural heritage conventions and other instruments : a compendium with commentaries / [edited by] Patrick J. O'Keefe, Lyndel V. Prott.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Builth Wells, U.K. : Institute Of Art And Law, 2011
- Physical Description:
xiv, 343 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- General introduction : an evolving framework
- Conventions in context
- The Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict 1954
- Protocol 1954 to the Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict 1954
- Second protocol to the Hague Convention of 1954 for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict 1999
- States participating in international treaties Concerning the protection of cultural heritage in time of conflict and punishment of offences against it
- Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property 1970
- Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage 1972
- Convention for the Protection of the Architectural Heritage of Europe 1985(known informally as the Granada Convention)
- European Convention on the Protection of the Archaeological Heritage (revised) 1992 (known informally as the Valetta or Malta Convention)
- UNIDROIT Convention on Stolen or Illegally Exported Cultural Objects 1995
- European Landscape Convention 2000
- Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage 2001
- Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage 2003
- Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expression 2005
- Council of Europe Framework Convention on the Value of Cultural Heritage for Society 2005 (known informally as the Faro Convention)
- Legal instruments of the European Union
- Council Directive 93/7/EEC of 15 March 1993 on the Return of Cultural Objects Unlawfully Removed from the Territory of a Member State
- Council Regulation (EC) no. 116/2009 of 18 December 2008 on the Export of Cultural Goods
- UNESCO recommendations. Recommendation on International Principles Applicable to Archaeological Excavations 1956
- Recommendation Concerning the Most Effective Means of Rendering Museums Accessible to Everyone 1960
- Recommendation Concerning the Safeguarding of the Beauty and Character of Landscapes and Sites 1962
- Recommendation on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Export, Import and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property 1964
- Recommendation Concerning the Preservation of Cultural Property Endangered by Public or Private Works 1968
- Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage 1972
- Recommendation Concerning the International Exchange of Cu1tura1 Property 1976
- Recommendation on Participation by the People at Large in Cultural Life and their Contribution to It 1976
- Recommendation Concerning the Safeguarding and Contemporary Role of Historic Areas 1976
- Recommendation for the Protection Movable Cultural Property 1978
- Recommendation for the Safeguarding and Preservation of Moving Images 1980
- Recommendation Concerning the Status of the Artist 1980
- Recommendation on the Safeguarding of Traditional Culture and Folklore 1989
- Council of Europe Recommendation. Recommendation on Measures to Promote the Integrated Conservation of Historic Complexes Composed of Immovable and Movable Property 1998
- UNESCO Declarations. Declaration of Principles of International Cultural Co-operation 1966
- UNESCO Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity 2001
- UNESCO Declaration Concerning the Intentional Destruction of Cultura1 Heritage 2003
- United Nations Declarations. United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples 2007.