The British working-class novel in the twentieth century /
- Publication info:
- London ; Baltimore, Md., USA : E. Arnold, 1984.
On the Shelf
- The British working-class novel in the twentieth century / editor, Jeremy Hawthorn. --
- Other Authors:
London ; Baltimore, Md., USA : E. Arnold, 1984
- Physical Description:
x, 162 p. : ill. ; 22 cm. --
Includes bibliographies and indexes.
Table of Contents
- The painter's bible and the British workman / Peter Miles
- Miners and the novel / Graham Holderness
- A feminist reading of Lewis Grassic Gibbon's A Scots quair / Deirdre Burton
- Love on the dole and the aesthetic of contradiction / Roger Webster
- History and myth in D.H. Lawrence's Chatterley novels / Graham Martin
- A revolutionary materialist with a leg free' / Michael Pickering and Kevin Robins
- The roots of Sillitoe's fiction / David Craig
- The Irish working class in fiction / Ruth Sherry
- Unfinished business / Tony Davies
- The making of a working-class writer / Michael Pickering.