Commentary on the UNESCO 1970 Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export, and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property /
- Publication info:
- Crickadarn, Builth Wells : Institute of Art and Law, 2007.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Commentary on the UNESCO 1970 Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export, and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property / by Patrick J. O'Keefe.
- Main Author:
- O'Keefe, Patrick J.
- Corporate Author:
Crickadarn, Builth Wells : Institute of Art and Law, 2007
- 2nd ed.
- Spine Title:
- Commentary on the 1970 UNESCO Convention.
- Added Title Page:
- Commentary on the UNESCO 1970 Convention on illicit traffic.
- Item Description:
"Text of the 1970 Convention": p. ix-xiv.
- Physical Description:
xiv, 217 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 215-217)
Table of Contents
- The Convention in context
- Preparing the Convention
- Preliminary issues
- Interpreting the Convention
- Analysis of individual articles. Preamble
- Final provisions
- State implementation. Australia
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
- Federal states
- The Convention's impact. Statistics
- Actions to recover cultural property
- Practical problems
- Museums and their aquisition policies
- Dealers and codes of ethics
- Public policy
- Appendix I. Unidroit Convention on Stolen or Illegally Exported Cultural Objects 1995
- Appendix II. EU directive on the return of cultural objects unlawfully removed from the territory of a member state
- Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage regulations 1987 (Australia)
- Canadian cultural property export control list
- Dealing in Cultural Objects (Offences) Act 2003 (UK)
- Law Concerning Controls on the Illicit Export and Import of Cultural Property (Japan)
- Federal Act on the International Transfer of Cultural Property (Switzerland)
- Appendix VIII. UNESCO Convention list of states parties as at 20 October 2006.