Psychology and the law : research frontiers /
- Publication info:
- Lexington, Mass. ; Toronto : Lexington Books, c1976.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Psychology and the law : research frontiers / edited by Gordon Bermant, Charlan Nemeth, Neil Vidmar.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Lexington, Mass. ; Toronto : Lexington Books, 1976
- Item Description:
Proceedings of a conference held June 12-14, 1975, at the Battelle Seattle Research Center, and sponsored by Battelle Memorial Institute.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 302 p. : ill ; cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Psychology and the law : status and challenge / Gordon Bermant .. [et al.]
- Helping suspect groups to disappear / Robert A. Burt
- Legal socialization / Robert Hogan
- Channeling lawyers : the careers of public defenders / Anthony Platt and Randi Pollock
- Channeling lawyers : a postscript / Anthony Platt
- Effectiveness in legal negotiation / Gerald R. Williams .. [et al.]
- Evidence, procedure and psychological research / Anthony N. Doob
- Not necessarily twelve and not necessarily unanimous : evaluating the impact of Williams v. Florida and Johnson v. Louisiana / Bernard Grofman
- Rules governing jury deliberations : a consideration of recent changes / Charlan Nemeth
- The effects of videotaped trial materials on juror response / Gerald R. Miller
- Juror perceptions of trial testimony as a function of the method of presentation / Larry C. Farmer .. [et al.]
- Individual differences in ascriptions of responsibility, guild, and appropriate punishment / V. Lee Hamilton
- Probability v. precedence : the social psychology of jury selection / Richard Christie
- Social science and jury selection : a case study of a civil suit / Richard A. Berk.