Going, going, gone : regulating the market in illicit antiquities /
- Publication info:
- Leicester, [England] : Institute of Art and Law, 2005.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Going, going, gone : regulating the market in illicit antiquities / S.R.M. Mackenzie.
- Main Author:
- Mackenzie, S. R. M. (Simon R. M.)
Leicester, [England] : Institute of Art and Law, 2005
- Portion of Title:
- Regulating the market in illicit antiquities
- Physical Description:
viii, 290 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The problem
- The antiquities market : structure and key issues
- The current structure of regulation in the antiquities market
- The place of prohibition in market governance : two comparative illicit markets
- The sociology and psychology of the antiquities market : part 1. Data
- The sociology and psychology of the antiquities market : part 2. A theory
- How should we regulate the international market in illicit antiquities
- Appendix I. Methodology
- Appendix II. UNESCO Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property
- Appendix III. UNIDROIT Convention on Stolen or Illegally Exported Cultural Objects
- Appendix IV. Dealing in Cultural Objects (Offences) Act 2003.