Minority rights, freedom of expression and of the media : dynamics and dilemmas /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge : Intersentia, 2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Minority rights, freedom of expression and of the media : dynamics and dilemmas / Tarlach McGonagle.
- Main Author:
- McGonagle, Tarlach.
- Corporate Author:
Cambridge : Intersentia, 2011
- Item Description:
"This book is a revised and updated version of my doctoral thesis ... defended at the University of Amsterdam on 7 October 2008"-- Acknowledgements, p. v.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 688 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 585-647) and index.
Table of Contents
- General theories and definitional entrapment
- The shaping of theories through international legal and political frameworks
- Minorities, freedom of expression and of the media
- The coupling of freedom of expression and minority rights
- The pluralism problématique
- Delineating the limits of permissible expression under international human rights law
- "Hate speech" and intolerance targeting minorities
- Integrated approaches to countering "hate speech"
- Media-related pluralism
- Cultural and linguistic diversity
- Access rights.