Foundations of comparative law : methods and typologies /
- Publication info:
- London : Wildy, Simmonds & Hill, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Foundations of comparative law : methods and typologies / edited by W.E. Butler, O.V. Kresin, Iu. S. Shemshuchenko.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
London : Wildy, Simmonds & Hill, 2011
- Item Description:
" ... based on public lectures and master classes given during the past four years (2007 to 2010 inclusive) at the international symposia styled 'Comparative Law Days' ..."--P. 1.
- Physical Description:
354 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Place of Ukraine on the legal map of the world / W.E. Butler
- Periodization of comparative law : in search of an acceptable model / O.V. Kresin
- Typologies of modern legal systems of the world / L.A. Luts
- Legal systems of the modern world : problems of identification / V.V. Oksamytnyi
- Comparative law hermeneutics : cognitive possibilities / M.A. Damirli
- Functionalism and the development of comparative law cognition / A.V. Tkachenko
- Comparative law and the integrating role of international law / Iu. A. Tikhomirov
- Comparative legal research in an era of globalization / Kh. N. Bekhruz
- Unified potential of comparative law as a science and instructional discipline / A. Iu. Salomatin
- Legal system : state, region, world? / O.F. Skakun
- Concepts of "Jus" and "Lex" : historical and legal linguistic aspects / R.A. Romashov
- Philosophical problems of legal comparativistics / A.D. Tikhomirov
- Social naturalism as a methodological principle of comparative law and legal globalistics / A.N. Kostenko
- Classification of European systems of private law / E.O. Kharitonov and O.I. Kharitonova
- Convergence of Romano-Germanic and Anglo-Saxon law / M.N. Marchenko
- Religious legal systems : features and classification / D.V. Lukianov
- Canon law in the modern legal system of society / A.S. Smykalin and V.P. Motrevich
- Confessional law and the subject of comparative research / S.O. Shaliapin
- Renaissance of Slavonic law? / W.E. Butler
- Publications of Ukrainian Association of Comparative Law / W.E. Butler.