Illegal immigration in America : a reference handbook /
- Publication info:
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1999.
On the Shelf
- Illegal immigration in America : a reference handbook / edited by David W. Haines and Karen E. Rosenblum.
- Other Authors:
Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1999
- Related Resource:
- Physical Description:
xii, 573 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
031330436X (alk. paper)9780313304361 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction : problematic labels, volatile issues / David W. Haines and Karen E. Rosenblum
- Labor migration, family integration, and the New America / Karen A. Woodrow-Lafield
- Undocumented immigration to the United States : numbers, trends, and characteristics / Jeffrey S. Passel
- Mexico and U.S. policy on illegal immigration : a fifty-year retrospective / Katherine M. Donato and Rebecca S. Carter
- Unauthorized workers in U.S. agriculture : old versus new migrations / Philip L. Martin
- Social and cultural bases for undocumented immigration into the U.S. poultry industry / David Griffith
- Undocumented immigrants and the meatpacking industry in the Midwest / Janet E. Benson
- Undocumented Latino immigrant workers : the Los Angeles experience / Enrico A. Marcelli
- Salvadorans and Nicaraguans : refugees become workers / Cecilia Menjívar
- Illegal Europeans : transients between two societies / Elzbieta M. Gozdziak
- Migration from the Caribbean : economic and political factors versus legal and illegal status / Samuel Martínez
- Smuggled Chinese in the mountain of gold / Ko-lin Chin
- Refugees at risk : the sanctuary movement and its aftermath / Victoria Rader
- Labor at risk : the exploitation and protection of undocumented workers / David W. Haines
- Rights at risk : California's Proposition 187 / Karen E. Rosenblum
- Maintaining and reunifying families : two case studies of shifting legal status / Lucy M. Cohen
- Border crossings, border control : illegalized migrants from the other side / Duncan M. Earle
- Vanishing acts : illegal immigration in Canada as a sometime social issue / Norman Buchignani and Doreen Indra
- Illegal immigration in Europe : balancing national and European Union issues / Deborah R. Altamirano
- Illegal immigration in Asia : regional patterns and a case study of Nepalese workers in Japan / Keiko Yamanaka
- An introduction to the literature / David W. Haines.