Middle income access to justice /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : University of Toronto Press, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Middle income access to justice / edited by Michael Trebilcock, Anthony Duggan, and Lorne Sossin.
- Other Authors:
Toronto : University of Toronto Press, 2012
- Meeting Name:
Middle Income Access to Civil Justice
- Local Note:
Osgoode Faculty editor and contributor: Lorne Sossin.
- Item Description:
Based on an international colloquium on Middle Income Access to Civil Justice held at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 10 and 11 Fabruary 2011.
- Physical Description:
xvii, 556 pages ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -540) and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Michael Trebilcock, Anthony Duggan, and Lorne Sossin
- Caught in the middle : justiciable problems and the use of lawyers / Pascoe Pleasance and Nigel J. Balmer
- The Ontario Civil Needs Project : a comparative analysis of the 2009 survey data / Jamie Baxter, Michael Trebilcock, and Albert Yoon
- Front-end strategies for improving consumer access to justice / Anthony Duggan and Iain Ramsey
- Opportunities and challenges : non-lawyer forms of assistance in providing access to justice for middle-income earners / Russell Engler
- Middle income access to civil justice : implications of proposals for the reform of legal aid in England and Wales / Roger Smith
- Should legal services be unbundled? / Samreen Beg and Lorne Sossin
- Money isn't everything : understanding moderate income households' use of lawyers' services / Rebecca L. Sandefur
- Legal services plans : crucial time access to lawyers and the case for a public-private partnership / Paul A. Vayda and Stephen B. Ginsberg
- Reforming family dispute resolution in Ontario : systemic changes and cultural shifts / Nicholas Bala
- Some reflections on family dispute resolution in Ontario / George Czurtin
- Access to justice for small amount claims in the consumer marketplace : lessons from Australia / Justin Malbon
- Challenges in small claims court system design : does one size fit all? / Shelley McGill
- Growing Legal Aid Ontario into the middle class : a proposal for public legal expenses insurance / Sujit Choudry, Michael Trebilcock, and James Wilson
- Middle-income access to justice : policy options with respect to family law / Noel Semple and Carol Rogerson
- Middle income access to justice : policy options with respect to employment law / Judith McCormack and Azim Remani
- Middle income access to justice : policy options with respect to consumer and debtor/creditor law / Anthony Duggan, Azim Remani and Dennis Kao.