Does law matter? : on law and economic growth /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge : Portland [Or.] : Intersentia ; [Maastricht] : METRO, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Does law matter? : on law and economic growth / editors, Michael Faure, Jan Smits.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Cambridge : Portland [Or.] : [Maastricht] : Intersentia ; 2011
- Portion of Title:
- On law and economic growth
- Physical Description:
xvi, 416 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Michael Faure, Jan Smits
- The functionalism of legal origins / Ralf Michaels
- Law and financial development : what we are learning from time-series evidence / John Armour ... [et al.]
- Legal origins and empirical credibility / Eric Helland, Jonathan Klick
- Measuring the immeasurable : how to turn law into numbers / Mathias M. Siems
- Law, economics and history : endogenous institutional change and legal innovation / Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci, Carmine Guerriero
- Make or take : why law can cause growth / Robert D. Cooter, Hans-Bernd Schäfer
- Legal systems as networks / Anthony Ogus
- The role of law in economic growth and development / Thomas S. Ulen
- Efficiency of the common law / Nuno Garoupa, Carlos Gómez Ligüerre
- On the law and economics of the origins of the French Civil Code / Bertrand Crettez ... [et al.]
- Does China need law for economic development? / Julan Du
- How does corporate law matter? : "law and finance" and beyond / Alessio M. Pacces
- The role of property law in economic growth / Guangdong Xu
- Does environmental law matter? / Michael Faure.