The death of the American death penalty : states still leading the way /
- Publication info:
- Boston : Northeastern University Press, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Halifax and its gibbet-law placed in a true light : together with a description of the town ; the nature of the soil ; the temper and disposition of the people ; the antiquity of its customary law, and the reasonableness thereof : with an account of the gentry, and other eminent persons born and inhabiting within the said town, and the liberties thereof : with many other matters and things of great remark, never before publishe'd. To which are added, The unparallel'd tragedies committed by Sir John Eland, of Eland, and his grand antagonists. --
KF 9227 C2 M52 1708A
- The death of the American death penalty : states still leading the way / Larry W. Koch, Colin Wark, John F. Galliher.
- Main Author:
- Koch, Larry Wayne, 1946-
- Other Authors:
Boston : Northeastern University Press, 2012
- Physical Description:
xii, 242 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Death penalty debates in traditional abolitionist jurisdictions
- The New York State death penalty debate
- The abolition of capital punishment in New Jersey
- The abolition of capital punishment in New Mexico
- The abolition of capital punishment in Illinois
- The recurring life and death of death penalty legislation in Kansas
- Death penalty near misses in New England : New Hampshire and Connecticut
- Recent abolition near misses : Nebraska and Maryland
- De facto abolition states
- Opposition to capital punishment in the South and Texas
- Summary and conclusion : the death penalty on a downhill slop.