The death of the American death penalty : states still leading the way /
- Publication info:
- Boston : Northeastern University Press, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- The death of the American death penalty : states still leading the way / Larry W. Koch, Colin Wark, John F. Galliher.
- Main Author:
- Koch, Larry Wayne, 1946-
- Other Authors:
Boston : Northeastern University Press, 2012
- Physical Description:
xii, 242 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Death penalty debates in traditional abolitionist jurisdictions
- The New York State death penalty debate
- The abolition of capital punishment in New Jersey
- The abolition of capital punishment in New Mexico
- The abolition of capital punishment in Illinois
- The recurring life and death of death penalty legislation in Kansas
- Death penalty near misses in New England : New Hampshire and Connecticut
- Recent abolition near misses : Nebraska and Maryland
- De facto abolition states
- Opposition to capital punishment in the South and Texas
- Summary and conclusion : the death penalty on a downhill slop.