Medieval public justice /
- Publication info:
- Washington, D.C. : Catholic University of America Press, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- Medieval public justice / Massimo Vallerani ; translated by Sarah Rubin Blanshei.
- Main Author:
- Vallerani, Massimo.
Washington, D.C. : Catholic University of America Press, 2012
- Uniform Title:
- Physical Description:
xix, 380 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 349-372) and index.
Table of Contents
- Procedure and justice in the Italian cities of the late Middle Ages (twelfth-fourteenth centuries)
- How procedures think : facts and the trial
- The accusatory system in action : Bologna between the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries
- Peace accord and trial in the judicial system : the example of Perugia
- How the inquisition is constructed : arbitrium and power in Perugia
- The inquisitorial trial in the political struggles in Bologna between the Duecento and Trecento
- The petition to the Signore and the power of mercy.