Laws, lawyers and texts : studies in medieval legal history in honour of Paul Brand /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- Laws, lawyers and texts : studies in medieval legal history in honour of Paul Brand / edited by Susanne Jenks, Jonathan Rose and Christopher Whittick.
- Other Authors:
Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2012
- Portion of Title:
- Studies in medieval legal history in honour of Paul Brand
- Physical Description:
xxii, 416 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Constitutions of Clarendon, Clause 3, and Henry II's reforms of law and administration / John Hudson
- Notes on the transformation of the fief into the common law tenure in fee / Paul R. Hyams
- An English book of laws from the time of Glanvill / Bruce O'Brien
- Annuities and annual pensions / Richard H. Helmholz
- Civilian and canonist influence on the writ of cessavit per biennium / David Ibbetson
- Burning issues : the law and crime of arson in England, 1200-1350 / Henry Summerson
- Crucifixion and conversion : King Henry III and the Jews in 1255 / David Carpenter
- Robert of Lexington, senior justice of the Bench, 1236-1244 / David Crook
- Deeds speak louder than words : covenants and the law of proof, 1290-1321 / John Baker
- Lawyers retained by Peterborough Abbey in the late thirteenth and early fourteenth centuries / Sandra Raban
- The legal professions of fourteenth-century England : serjeants of the Common Bench and advocates of the Court of Arches / Charles Donahue, Jr.
- Writs de minis and supplicavit : the history of surety of the peace / Susanne Jenks
- Common law and custom : windows, light, and privacy in late medieval England / Janet S. Loengard
- Medieval estate planning : the wills and testamentary trials of Sir John Fastolf / Jonathan Rose
- Glanvill after Glanvill : the afterlife of a medieval legal treatise / Sarah Tullis
- The construction of an online digital archive : the Anglo-American Legal Tradition website project / Robert C. Palmer
- Bibliography of the published works of Paul Brand / compiled by Alexandra Nicol.