International economic organizations and law : the perspective and role of the legal counsel /
- Publication info:
- Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Restructuring the international economic order : the role of law and lawyers : proceedings of the colloquium organized by the Department of International and Economic Law on June 12 and 13, 1986, on the occasion of the 350th anniversary of the University of Utrecht / edited by Pieter van Dijk ... [et al.]. --
K 3820 A55 R48 1986
- International economic organizations and law : the perspective and role of the legal counsel / edited by Asif H. Qureshi, Xuan Gao.
- Other Authors:
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2012
- Physical Description:
xxii, 484 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -465) and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction and overview / Asif H. Qureshi and Xuan Gao
- The legal counsel as the "persona of law" in an international economic organization : a constitutional perspective / Asif H. Qureshi
- The role of law
- and lawyers
- in the International Monetary Fund / Sean Hagan
- The institutional and intellectual role of the General Counsel : perspectives from the World Bank / Anne-Marie Leroy
- "Down to business" : the role of law and lawyers at the World Trade Organization / Yves Renouf
- Taking account of human values in the international economic legal order : law and the legal counsel in the International Labour Organization / Janelle M. Diller
- The role and contribution of the legal counsel to decision-making and the development of international economic law : the case of the World Intellectual Property Organization / Edward Kwakwa
- The legal counsel and law in a sui generis international organization : some personal views on the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development and its legal counsel / Nicola Bonucci
- The General Counsel as a transactional lawyer : structuring the commitments to replenish the resources of the International Fund for Agricultural Development / Rutsel Silvestre J. Martha
- The role of the General Counsel : the African Development Bank perspective / Kalidou Gadio
- Assessing commercial laws to foster reforms : an insight into the legal work of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development / Michel Nussbaumer & Frederique Dahan
- Legal counsel, legal analysis, and legal limits : the role of law and lawyers in the Asian Development Bank / John W. Head
- The replenishments of the Asian Development Fund : institutional development in the Asian Development Bank and the role of the legal counsel in resource mobilization / Gerd Droesse
- A world wide web of law(yers) : the lawyer function catalysing and mediating change in international economic relations : the EU experience / James Flett
- The role of the European Free Trade Association Secretariat and select legal aspects of EFTA free trade agreements / Roger Gschwend & Pietro Poretti
- Multilateral economic organizations and legal professional ethics / Priscilla Schwartz
- The role of the legal counsel and law in the proposed United Nations Global Economic Coordination Council : a reflexive approach towards policy coordination / Cecilia J. Flores Elizondo.