Equal employment of persons with disabilities : federal and state law, accommodations, and diversity best practices /
- Publication info:
- [Chicago] : American Bar Association, Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Equal employment of persons with disabilities : federal and state law, accommodations, and diversity best practices / John Parry.
- Main Author:
- Parry, John, 1948-
[Chicago] : American Bar Association, Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law, 2011
- Physical Description:
xviii, 258 p. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- A history of employment-related disability rights
- Disability-related employment and diversity statistics and information : generally and in the legal profession
- Representing persons with mental, sensory, or physical disabilities
- Federal and state disability employment discrimination statutes and sovereign immunity
- Key legal definitions of "disability" in employment discrimination statutes
- Key enforcement provisions, including attorneys' fees
- Federal and state disability employment discrimination law and key issues : an overview
- Special duties of employers as public service entities
- Special duties of employers as places of public accommodation
- Non-judicial dispute resolution mechanisms
- Why being "reasonable" under the law may not be accommodating enough
- Accommodations and other individualized workplace considerations
- Accommodations, mentoring, and diversity best practices in the legal profession
- Appendix 1. The ABA's involvement in the rights of persons with mental, sensory, and physical disabilities
- Appendix 2. The Commission's pledge for change
- Appendix 3. ABA's commitment to disability diversity and eliminating disability-related bias
- Appendix 4. Legal and accommodation-related resources for employers and employees
- Appendix 5. The ABA's survey of employment decisions under ADA Title 1: 1997-2009.