The writing and ratification of the U.S. Constitution : practical virtue in action /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Our weakened constitution : an historical and analytical study of the Constitution of the United States and of the additions to the original text undertaken to place the facts before the American people, and to emphasize the present necessity for a movement in behalf of an unviolated constitution, state integrity and the rights and immunities established by the founders of this republic / by Samuel Bell Thomas ; in collaboration with Edward Williams ; with a foreword by the honourable Edward S. Malone ; with a new Introduction by John R. Vile.
KF 4541 T453 2016
A history and analysis of the Constitution of the United States : with a full account of the confederations which preceded it, of the debates and acts of the convention which formed it, of the judicial decisions which have construed it : with papers and tables illustrative of the action of the government and the people under it / by Nathaniel C. Towle.
KF 4541 T69 1871A
- The writing and ratification of the U.S. Constitution : practical virtue in action / John R. Vile.
- Main Author:
- Vile, John R.
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2012
- Variant Title:
- Writing and ratification of the United States Constitution
- Physical Description:
xxv, 265 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-243) and index.
Table of Contents
- Revolution and its aftermath
- The Convention begins and Randolph introduces the Virginia Plan
- Paterson and Hamilton offer alternative plans
- Delegates debate representation in Congress
- From the great compromise to the Committee of Detail
- Debates over the Report of the Committee of Detail
- Wrapping up business, signing, and ratifying
- Selected documents. The Delaration of Independence
- The Constitution of the United States [plus amendments]
- The Virginia Plan
- The New Jersey Plan
- Federalist no. 10.