The writing and ratification of the U.S. Constitution : practical virtue in action /
- Publication info:
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- The writing and ratification of the U.S. Constitution : practical virtue in action / John R. Vile.
- Main Author:
- Vile, John R.
Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2012
- Variant Title:
- Writing and ratification of the United States Constitution
- Physical Description:
xxv, 265 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-243) and index.
Table of Contents
- Revolution and its aftermath
- The Convention begins and Randolph introduces the Virginia Plan
- Paterson and Hamilton offer alternative plans
- Delegates debate representation in Congress
- From the great compromise to the Committee of Detail
- Debates over the Report of the Committee of Detail
- Wrapping up business, signing, and ratifying
- Selected documents. The Delaration of Independence
- The Constitution of the United States [plus amendments]
- The Virginia Plan
- The New Jersey Plan
- Federalist no. 10.