Families and the law : cases and commentary /
- Publication info:
- Concord, Ont. : Captus Press, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- Families and the law : cases and commentary / Mary Jane Mossman.
- Main Author:
- Mossman, Mary Jane,
- Other Authors:
Concord, Ont. : Captus Press, 2012
- 1st Captus edition.
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty author: Mary Jane Mossman.
- Item Description:
Previously published under title: Families and the law in Canada. Toronto : Emond Montgomery Publications, 2004.
- Physical Description:
xlviii, 926 pages ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (pages xli-xlviii) and index.
Table of Contents
- Families and family law : contexts and themes
- Forming families : marriage in the context of cohabitation
- Forming families : parent-child relationships
- Families in the shadow of the state : responsibilities for care and protection
- Family dissolution : principles and processes
- Families, property, and family property : principles of equality and equity
- Spousal support, compensation and dependency : legislative goals, court orders and private agreements
- Children and family dissolution : rights, relationships, and economic support
- Epilogue : families and the need for law.