Understanding insurance law /
- Publication info:
- New Providence, NJ : LexisNexis, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Insurance law : a guide to fundamental principles, legal doctrines, and commercial practices / Robert E. Keeton, Langdell Professor Emeritus, Harvard University ; Alan I. Widiss, Josephine R. Witte Professor of Law, University of Iowa ; James M. Fischer, Professor of Law, Southwestern Law School.
KF 1164 K374 2017
- Understanding insurance law / Robert H. Jerry II, Douglas R. Richmond.
- Main Author:
- Jerry, Robert H., 1953-
- Other Authors:
New Providence, NJ : LexisNexis, 2012
- 5th ed.
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
xxiv, 1005,  p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- What is insurance?
- Sources of insurance law
- Contract formation
- The insurable interest requirement
- Scope of obligations : persons and interests protected
- Scope of obligations : the risks covered
- The insured's duty to pay premiums
- The mechanics of claim presentation
- The insurer's duty to pay proceeds
- Excuses for the insurer's nonperformance
- The additional duties in third-party insurance
- Group insurance
- Automobile insurance
- Excess insurance