Law, ideology, and collegiality : judicial behaviour in the Supreme Court of Canada /
- Publication info:
- Montréal : McGill-Queen's University Press, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- Law, ideology, and collegiality : judicial behaviour in the Supreme Court of Canada / Donald R. Songer ... [et al.].
- Other Authors:
Montréal : McGill-Queen's University Press, 2012
- Portion of Title:
- Judicial behaviour in the Supreme Court of Canada
- Physical Description:
xii, 223 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -211) and index.
Table of Contents
- The Supreme Court's evolving role
- Theories of Supreme Courts' decision making
- The process of decision making
- The dimensionality of voting
- Measuring ideology and justices' votes
- The socio-political bases of attitudinal voting
- The attitudinal model and the puzzle of unanimity
- Conclusions : attitudinal decision making and the Supreme Court
- Appendics : A. Interviews with justices. B. Factor analysis of cases.