Administrative law in context /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Emond Montgomery Publications, c2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Administrative law in context / edited by Colleen M. Flood, Lorne Sossin.
- Other Authors:
Toronto : Emond Montgomery Publications, 2013
- 2nd edition.
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty editor: Lorne Sossin
- Item Description:
Previousd edition: 2008.
- Physical Description:
xxxix, 607 pages.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- An introduction to administrative law: some history and a few signposts for a twisted path / Colleen M. Flood and Jennifer Dolling
- Governments in miniature: the rule of law in the administrative state / Mary Liston
- Dogs and tails: remedies in administrative law / Cristie Ford
- Regulations and rule making: the dilemma of delegation / Andrew Green
- From natural justice to fairness: thresholds, content, and the role of judicial review / Grant Huscroft
- Advocacy before administrative tribunals / Freya Kristjanson & Leslie McIntosh
- Access to administrative justice and other worries / Lorne Sossin
- Caught between judicial paradigms and the administrative state's pastiche: "tribunal" independence, impartiality, and bias / Laverne Jacobs
- Standard of review: back to the future? / Audrey Macklin
- Pas de deux: deference and non-deference in action / Sheila Wildeman
- Administrative discretion: between exercising power and conducting dialogue / Geneviève Cartier
- The charter and administrative law: cross-fertilization or inconstancy? / Evan Fox-Decent & Alexander Pless
- In search of aboriginal administrative law / Janna Promislow & Lorne Sossin
- The role of international human rights norms in administrative law / Gerald Heckman
- Making a federal case out of it: the federal court and administrative law / Craig Forcese
- Getting the story out: accountability and the law of public inquiries / Peter Carver.