When law goes pop : the vanishing line between law and popular culture /
- Publication info:
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, c2000.
On the Shelf
- When law goes pop : the vanishing line between law and popular culture / Richard K. Sherwin.
- Main Author:
- Sherwin, Richard K.
Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2000
- Related Resource:
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
xii, 325 p. ; 24 cm.
0226752917 (cloth : alk. paper)9780226752914 (cloth : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Introduction : law in the age of images
- Screening reality : the vanishing line between law and popular culture
- Legal storytelling : culture's tools for making meaning
- The law of desire : cultural history and the notorious case
- The postmodern challenge : a case study
- The jurisprudence of appearances : law as commodity
- When law goes pop : strange forces, trauma, and catharsis
- Law's need for enchantment : perils and possibilities
- Conclusion : redrawing the line between belief and suspicion.