Engineering constitutional change : a comparative perspective on Europe, Canada and the USA /
- Publication info:
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Engineering constitutional change : a comparative perspective on Europe, Canada and the USA / edited by Xenophon Contiades.
- Other Authors:
London ; New York : Routledge, 2013
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty contributor: Allan C. Hutchinson
- Item Description:
"This volume provides a holistic presentation of the reality of constitutional change in 18 countries (the 15 old EU member states, Canad, Switzerland, and the USA)"--Half-title page."This book is dedicated to the memory of Professor Dimitris Th. Tsatsos ... under the auspices of which a workshop was held in September 2011 and in which all contributors to this volume participated"--Acknowledgments, p. [ix].
- Physical Description:
viii, 478 pages ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Constitutional change engineering / Xenophon Contiades
- Constitutional change in Austria / Manfred Stelzer
- The process of constitutional amendment in Belgium / Christian Behrendt
- Constitutional change and constitutional amendment : a Canadian conundrum / Allan C. Hutchinson
- Formal and informal methods of constitutional change in Denmark / Helle Krunke
- Constitutional amendment in Finland / Tuomas Ojanen
- Constitutional amendment in France / Wanda Mastor and Liliane Icher
- Constitutional amendments, and constitutional changes in Germany / Markus Kotzur
- Constitutional change in Greece / Xenophon Contiades and Ioannis Tassopoulos
- Constitutional amendment in Ireland / Fiona de Londras and David Gwynn Morgan
- Constitutional revision in Italy : a marginal instrument for constitutional change / Tania Groppi
- Constitutional amendment in Luxembourg / Jörg Gerkrath
- The constitutional revision process in the Netherlands : sensible security valve or cause of constitutional paralysis? / Wim J.M. Voermans
- The Portuguese Constitution of 1976 : half-life and decay / Jónatas E.M. Machado
- Constitutional change in Spain / Abraham Barrero Ortega and Irene Sobrino Guijarro
- Constitutional amendment in Sweden / Lars-Göran Malmberg
- Constitutional revision : the case of Switzerland / Thomas Fleiner
- Constitutional amendment in the United Kingdom / Robert Blackburn
- Constitutional revision in the United States of America / John R. Vile
- Models of constitutional change / Xenophon Contiades and Alkmene Fotiadou.