Unsettled legacy : thirty years of criminal justice under the Charter /
- Publication info:
- Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- Unsettled legacy : thirty years of criminal justice under the Charter / general editor, Benjamin L. Berger, James Stribopoulos.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Markham, Ont. : LexisNexis, 2012
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty editors: Benjamin L. Berger and James Stribopoulos.
- Item Description:
"...contributions to this volume prepared for Osgoode Hall Law School's Constitutional Cases Conference in the spring of 2012..." - page 7.
- Physical Description:
xxxix, 447 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : the Constitution of Criminal Justice in Canada / Benjamin L. Berger and James Stribopoulos
- The Charter balance against unscrupulous law and order politics / Don Stuart
- Attending to equality : criminal law, the Charter, and competitive truths / Rosemary Cairns Way
- The Charter versus the government's crime agenda / Kent Roach
- Section 7 of the Charter and the principled assignment of legislative jurisdiction / Alana Klein
- Deprivations of liberty : the impact of the Charter on substantive criminal law / Alan Young
- The intoxication defence : constitutionality impaired and in need of rehabilitation / Gerry Ferguson
- From Smith to Smickle : the Charter's minimal impact on mandatory minimum sentences / Debra Parkes
- Arbitrary disproportionality : a new Charter standard for measuring the constitutionality of mandatory minimum sentences / Allan Manson
- Charter protection against unlawful police action : less black and white than it seems / Steve Coughlan
- Assessing the impact of the Ancillary Powers Doctrine on three decades of Charter jurisprudence / Vanessa MacDonnell
- The patchwork principle against self-incrimination under the Charter / Lisa Dufraimont
- Police questioning in the Charter era : adjudicative versus regulatory rule-making and the problem of false confessions / Steven Penney
- Sexual assault cases in the Supreme Court of Canada : losing sight of substantive equality? / Emma Cunliffe
- What Butler did / Michael Plaxton
- The impact of the Charter of the law of sexual assault : plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose / Martha Shaffer
- Reflecting culture : polygamy and the Charter / Carissima Mathen
- Looking backward, looking forward : the Supreme Court of Canada's decision in R. v. Ipeelee / Jonathan Rudin
- The aboriginal sentencing provision of the Criminal Code as a protected 'other right' under Section 25 of the Charter / Larry Chartrand.