What's next for Canada? : securities regulation after the reference /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Irwin Law, 2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- What's next for Canada? : securities regulation after the reference / edited by Anita Anand.
- Other Authors:
Toronto : Irwin Law, 2012
- Portion of Title:
- Securities regulation after the reference
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty contributors: Peter W. Hogg, Poonam Puri, Lorne Sossin.
- Item Description:
Papers presented at a roundtable held in Toronto, Ont. on Jan. 30, 2012.
- Physical Description:
xi, 326 pages ; 23cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Twenty years of supreme court reference decisions: putting the Securities Reference decision in context / Poonam Puri
- More questions than answers: the Supreme Court of Canada's decision in the national Securities Reference / Michael J. Trebilcock
- Competition policy, efficacy, and the national Securities Reference / Edward M. Iacobucci
- The general trade and commerce power after the Securities Reference / Ian B. Lee
- Making waves: the Supreme Court of Canada confronts Stephen Harper's brand of federalism / David Schneiderman
- Reference Re Securities Act: comment on Lee and Schneiderman / Mahmud Jamal
- Can Canadian federalism be relevant? / Lorne Sossin
- Assuring independence and expertise in financial services law: regulatory oversight in light of the Supreme Court of Canada Securities Reference judgment / Janis Sarra
- A national systemic risk clearinghouse? / Cristie Ford and Hardeep Gill
- Effectiveness, accountability, and bias: some concerns about a quasi-national securities regulator / Andrew Green
- After the reference: regulating systemic risk in Canadian financial markets / Anita Anand
- A National Securities Commission? The headless horseman rides again / Jeffrey G. MacIntosh
- The provinces' competence over securities regulation in Canada: taking stock of the Supreme Court's opinion / Stéphane Rousseau
- The Securities Reference: a comment / Christopher C Nicholls
- Public policy and judicial discourse: observations on dialogue with the court through the Securities Reference Decision (2011) / Lawrence E. Ritchi.