Extraterritoriality and collective redress /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Nov 29, 2018||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
Public interest law around the world : report of a symposium held at Columbia University in May 1991 with descriptions of participating legal organizations from twenty countries / organized by NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund ; foreword by Julius L. Chambers ; reported by Thomas Hutchins & Jonathan Klaaren ; edited by Julius L. Chambers ... [et al.].
K 2245 A55 1991
- Extraterritoriality and collective redress / edited by Duncan Fairgrieve & Eva Lein.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2012
- 1st ed.
- Item Description:
"The origin of this book was in a series of projects on collective redress undertaken ... at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law"--Preface, p. v.
- Physical Description:
xli, 447 p. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Class actions and collective actions / Diego Corapi
- Collective redress procedures : European debates / Duncan Fairgrieve and Geraint Howells
- Collective action reform in England and Wales / John Sorabji
- Class actions and class settlements going global : the Netherlands / Ianika Tzankova and Hélène van Lith
- Collective redress : policy objectives and practical problems / Alexander Layton
- A coherent approach to European collective redress / Burkhard Hess
- The trouble with cross-border collective redress : issues and difficulties / Horatia Muir Watt
- Cross-border collective redress and jurisdiction under Brussels I : a mismatch / Eva Lein
- Parallel litigation and cross-border collective actions under the Brussels I Framework : lessons from abroad / Justine N. Stefanelli
- The impact of the Brussels I enforcement and recognition rules on collective actions / Duncan Fairgrieve
- Conflicts of laws in multinational collective actions : a judicial nightmare? / Astrid Stadler
- Extraterritoriality of evidence gathering in US class action proceedings / Andrea Pinna
- The ILA Rio resolution on transnational group actions / Catherine Kessedjian
- In defence of the requirement for foreign class members to opt in to an English class action / Rachael Mulheron
- Foreign punitive damages decisions and class actions in Italy / Francesco Quarta
- The perils of certifying international class actions in Canada / John P. Brown
- Collective redress in Spain : recognition and enforcement of class action judgments and class settlements / Marta Requejo Isidro and Marta Otero Crespo
- Morrison v. National Australia Bank : the US Supreme Court limits collective redress for securities fraud / Thomas A. Dubbs
- Morrison v. National Australia Bank : implications for global securities class actions / Linda J. Silberman
- Morrison v. National Australia Bank : foreign securities and the jurisdiction to prescribe / Adam Johnson
- 'Bridging the Gap' : contrasting effects of US Supreme Court territorial restraint on European collective claims / Vincent Smith
- Transnational issuer liability after the financial crisis : seeking a coherent choice of law standard / Wolf-Georg Ringe and Alexander Hellgardt.