Arbitration of international business disputes : studies in law and practice /
- Publication info:
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Procedural decisions in ICC arbitration : recourse to experts, privilege, bifurcation, new claims, multi-tiered dispute resolution, interim relief, security for costs, anti-suit/anti-arbitration injunctions = Décisions de procédure dans l'arbitrage CCI = Decisiones procesales en el arbitraje CCI.
K 2400 P764 2015
- Arbitration of international business disputes : studies in law and practice / William W. Park.
- Main Author:
- Park, William W.
Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2012
- 2nd ed.
- Item Description:
Previous ed.: 2006.
- Physical Description:
cv, 793 p. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. [lxv]-cv) and index.
Table of Contents
- The maturing of arbitration : continuity and change
- Arbitrator integrity : the transient and the permanent
- Arbitrators and accuracy
- The politics of class action arbitration : jurisdictional legitimacy and vindication of contract rights
- Arbitration's procedural matrix
- Who decides what? : a comment on Lesotho Highlands
- The arbitrability dicta in first options
- The contours of arbitral jurisdiction
- Private adjudicators and the public interest
- The arbitrator's jurisdiction to determine jurisdiction
- Non-signatories and international contracts
- Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
- Why courts review arbitral awards
- The arbitral situs and the lex loci arbitri
- Saving the Federal Arbitration Act
- What is to be done with annulled awards?
- Duty and discretion in international arbitration
- The interaction of courts and arbitrators in England
- Amending the Federal Arbitration Act
- National constraints on international arbitration
- The international currency of awards
- Convention violations and investment claims
- Treaty obligations and national law : emerging conflicts in international arbitration
- A cautionary tale about home-town justice
- The arbitration clause : drafting considerations
- Arbitration's discontents : of elephants and pornography
- The value of rules and the risks of discretion : arbitration's protean nature
- Two faces of progress : fairness and flexibility in arbitral procedure
- The four musketeers of arbitral duty
- National law and commercial justice
- Neutrality, predictability and economic cooperation
- Lex mercatoria
- Rules and standards in private international law
- The uses of comparative law in arbitration
- Framing the case on quantum
- The procedural soft law of international arbitration
- Procedural default rules revisited
- Arbitration in banking and finance
- Mass claims and dormant Swiss accounts
- Betting the family jewels : intellectual property
- Arbitrability and tax
- The challenge of sovereignty
- The new face of investment arbitration
- Legal issues in the Third World's economic development
- The Hague choice of court convention
- Bridging the gap in forum selection
- When and why arbitration matters.