4th annual class actions colloquium.
- Publication info:
- Toronto, Ont. : Ontario Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, 2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Class actions : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Class actions: the 10th platinum collectors' CLE, held in Vancouver, B.C. on February 25, 2005 / course chair. Ward K. Branch ; faculty, Donald I. Brenner ... [et al.] ; CLE program lawyer, Catherine J. Branch.
KF 8896 A75 C53 2005
Les recours collectifs en Ontario et au Québec : actes de la première Conférence Yves Pratte / sous la direction de Alain Prujiner et Jacqueline Roy = Class actions in Ontario and Québec : proceedings of the First Yves Pratte Conference / edited by Alain Prujiner et Jacqueline Roy.
KF 8896 A75 Y84 1991
- 4th annual class actions colloquium.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto, Ont. : Ontario Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education, 2012
- Portion of Title:
- Class actions colloquium
- Cover Title:
- 4th annual class action colloquium.
- Meeting Name:
Class Actions Colloquium
- Item Description:
Program chairs: Kirk M. Baert and Sylvie Rogrigue."Monday, December 3, 2012."Gordon McKee's sumission accompanied by: The admissibility of graphics and presentations as demonstrative aids in Canadian court proceedings / by S. Gordon McKee, Jill M. Lawrie, Robin L. Reinertson and Nicole Henderson.
- Physical Description:
1 v. (various pagings) ; 28 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- 10 top cases from the first 20 years [presentation slides] / [Paul Martin, Margaret L. Waddell and James Woods]
- Expert evidence at class certification : how much is necessary and how much is overkill? / by Douglas Lennox
- Expert evidence at the certification stage : state of the arms race / Glenn Zakaib and Jeremy Martin
- Update on the evidentiary burden at certification / Celeste Poltak and Garth Myers
- The space between rule 20 and 21 : the evidentiary burden on certification / Celeste Poltak
- Update on the evidentiary threshold at certification [presentation slides] / Celeste Poltak & Robin Linley
- Product liability cases : still the quintessential class proceedings in Ontario? / [Joel Rochon and Remissa Hirji]
- Product liability class actions the next phase : trial / Randy C. Sutton & Anton Tchajkov
- Summary of class action trial activity across Canada [presentation slides] / prepared by Jon Foreman
- Class action trial decisions in Canada [chart] / compiled by Jonathan Foreman, Susan Graham, Genevieve Meisenheimer and Lauren McLean
- Key questions concerning common issues trials for plaintiffs and defendants [presentation slides] / Jon Foreman, Gord McKee
- [Trial techniques and tactics and drug, device and biotechnology / submitted by Gordon McKee]
- A note on the co-opting the opt-out / [Jay Strosberg and S. Alex Constantin]
- Recent developments in competition class actions / Sandra Forbes, Charles Wright.