Aboriginal law handbook /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Carswell, c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Feb 28, 2018||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Aboriginal law handbook / Olthuis, Kleer, Townshend ; Nancy Kleer ... [et al.], contributors.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto : Carswell, 2012
- 4th ed.
- Item Description:
Previous ed: 3rd (2008).Previous editions by Shin Imai.
- Physical Description:
xcix, 701 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The constitutional framework
- Aboriginal and treaty rights
- Duty to consult and accomodate
- Hunting, fishing and trapping
- Land and "land claims"
- International law and sovereignty
- Bands, band councils and reserves
- Indian Act registration, band membership and First Nation citizenship
- Elections and referenda
- Community control of programs and services
- Construction contracts
- Marriage, separation, divorce
- Welfare of children
- Wills and estates
- Residential schools
- Protection, use and management of lands and resources
- Community corporations
- Commercial relations and reserves
- Trusts for aboriginal communities
- Employment relations
- Human rights and privacy
- Criminal process
- Aboriginal justice
- Getting legal advice
- Injunctions and blockades.