Governing from the bench : the Supreme Court of Canada and the judicial role /
- Publication info:
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- Governing from the bench : the Supreme Court of Canada and the judicial role / Emmett Macfarlane.
- Main Author:
- Macfarlane, Emmett.
Vancouver : UBC Press, 2013
- Portion of Title:
- Supreme Court of Canada and the judicial role
- Physical Description:
x, 241 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p.[ 221]-234) and index.
Table of Contents
- Studying judicial behaviour
- The evolution of the court and its justices
- Setting the stage: exploring court processes leading to decisions
- The decision: collegiality, conflict, and consensus
- A question of competence: examining judicial policy making
- The court in government and society: dialogue, public opinion, and the media.