International trade in indigenous cultural heritage : legal and policy issues.
- Publication info:
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar Pub., c2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- International trade in indigenous cultural heritage : legal and policy issues.
- Other Authors:
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar Pub., 2012
- Item Description:
Based on papers given at the workshop 'International Trade In Indigenous Cultural Heritage : Legal And Policy Issues' held the University of Lucerne , Switzerland, January 2011."The book is unique in taking a multi-faceted approach to cultural heritage ... in four jurisdictions (New Zealand, Australia, United States and Canada)"--Back outside cover of text.
- Physical Description:
xxiii, 509 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780857938305 (hardback)0857938304 (hardback)
Table of Contents
- Stimulating trade and development of indigenous cultural heritage by means of international law : issues of legitimacy and method / Christoph B. Graber
- Indigenous self-government, cultural heritage and international trade : a sociological perspective / Duane Champagne
- International indigenous and human rights law in the context of trade in indigenous cultural heritage / John Scott and Federico Lenzerini
- Finding space in the margins? : recognising the rights of indigenous peoples in the WTO / Fiona Macmillan
- Attempts to protect indigenous culture through free trade agreements / Susy Frankel
- Intellectual property rights in indigenous cultural heritage : basic concepts and continuing controversies / Christoph Antons
- International trade in indigenous cultural heritage : an IP practitioners? perspective / Martin Girsberger and Benny Müller
- Are they in or are they out? : traditional cultural expressions and the public domain : implications for trade / Brigitte Vézina
- International trade in indigenous cultural heritage : an argument for indigenous governance of cultural property / Rebecca Tsosie
- International trade in moveable tangible cultural heritage of indigenous peoples : a European perspective / Karolina Kuprecht and Kurt Siehr
- Indigenous cultural heritage in development and trade : perspectives from the dynamics of cultural heritage law and policy / Rosemary J. Coombe with Joseph F. Turcotte
- International trade in indigenous cultural heritage : comments from UNESCO in light of its international standard-setting instruments in the field of culture / Francesco Bandarin
- A United States perspective on the protection of indigenous cultural heritage / Carole E. Goldberg
- Ownership and trade of aboriginal cultural heritage in Canada / Catherine Bell
- International trade in indigenous cultural heritage : an Australian perspective / Kathy Bowrey
- A New Zealand perspective on the protection of mātauranga Māori (traditional knowledge) / Susy Frankel
- The trade and development of indigenous cultural heritage : completing the picture and a possible way forward / Christoph B. Graber, Karolina Kuprecht and Jessica C. Lai.