Observing law through systems theory /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, OR : Hart Pub., 2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Observing law through systems theory / Richard Nobles and David Schiff.
- Main Author:
- Nobles, Richard.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, OR : Hart Pub., 2013
- Item Description:
Complements the authors' book: A Sociology of Jurisprudence.
- Physical Description:
xvi, 274 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 255-267) and index.
Table of Contents
- Is the legal system a system?
- Why do judges talk the way they do?
- Can one have a right to disobey a law?
- Understanding legal pluralism
- How law constructs time
- Politics and law : the rule of law, constitutional law, and human rights
- Control through law
- Appeals in law.