Truth and efficiency in civil litigation : fundamental aspects of fact-finding and evidence-taking in a comparative context /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge ; Antwerp : Intersentia ; [Maastricht] : Metro, 2012.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Humane Justiz : die deutschen Landesberichte zum ersten internationalen Kongress für Zivilprozessrecht in Gent 1977 = Justice with a human face : the German national reports for the first International Congress on the Law of Civil Procedure in Gent 1977 / Peter Gilles (Hrsg.). --
K 2204.6 I 57 1977
Public interest law around the world : report of a symposium held at Columbia University in May 1991 with descriptions of participating legal organizations from twenty countries / organized by NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund ; foreword by Julius L. Chambers ; reported by Thomas Hutchins & Jonathan Klaaren ; edited by Julius L. Chambers ... [et al.].
K 2245 A55 1991
- Truth and efficiency in civil litigation : fundamental aspects of fact-finding and evidence-taking in a comparative context / editors: C.H. van Rhee and Alan Uzelac.
- Other Authors:
Cambridge ; Antwerp : [Maastricht] : Intersentia ; 2012
Ius commune europaeum ; v. 111
- Physical Description:
xviii, 400 p. : some fig. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- The pursiut of truth in contemporary civil procedure : revival of accuracy or a new balance in favour of effectiveness / C.H. van Rhee, A. Uzelac
- More facts, less evidence : the growing importance of fact-gathering and the demise of the traditional presentation of evidence in courts in the Netherlands / R.R. Verkerk
- The relevance of truth : the case of mediation versus litigation / A. de Roo, R. Jagtenberg
- The antique shop of Italian civil procedure : oath and confession as evidence / E. Silvestri
- The judgment on facts in Italian summary proceedings / E. Ferrari
- Expert testimony in the Italian judicial system : characteristics, questions and comparative views / F. Ferraris
- Inspection by the court as a means of evidence in Italy and the notorium facti permanentis : a balance between efficiency and due process of law / M. Bina
- The demise of trial in American civil procedure : how it happened, is it convergence with European civil procedure? / J.H. Langbein
- Extremism in the pursuit of truth is our virtue : the American infatuation with broad discovery / R.L. Marcus
- Fact- and truth-finding in South African civil procedure / M. Paleker
- Efficiency and truth in civil fact-finding : the evolving role of the judge in mainland China and Hong Kong and the effect of the policy preference for court mediation on fact-finding in the People's Courts / P.C.H. Chan
- Rules of evidence in Romanian civil procedure and their impact on truth and efficiency / S. Spinei
- Efficiency versus fairness in civil procedure in Slovenia
- V. Rijavec
- The jurisdiction of Russian courts in civil matters / D. Kh. Valeev, L.V. Fatkhullina, A.V. Valeeva
- Truth and efficiency in Russian civil procedure / V. Abolonin, G. Abolonin
- Taking and administering evidence beyond the state : some reflections on procedural issues before the Court of Justice of the European Union / J. Sladič
- The pursuit of truth and efficiency in Roman arbitration proceedings / I. Milotić
- Propter celeritatem dirimendarum litium : presumptions and stipulatio in Roman law / T. Karlovič
- Immediate judgments in civil proceedings in the Netherlands : an experiment / R. Bloemink, S.P.W. v. Dooren, L.I.M. Entjes, S.A.H. v. Gompel, F. Fernhout.