The interrelation between the right to identity of minorities and their socio-economic participation /
- Publication info:
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2013.
On the Shelf
- The interrelation between the right to identity of minorities and their socio-economic participation / edited by Kristin Henrard.
- Other Authors:
Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2013
- Physical Description:
vii, 438 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9789004244320 (hardback : alk. paper)9004244328 (hardback : alk. paper)9789004244740 (e-book)9004244743 (e-book)
Table of Contents
- Introduction /Kristin Henrard
- Minorities, identity, socio-economic participation and integration : about interrelations and synergies /Kristin Henrard
- Calibrating cultural lenses : socio-economic participation, identity and migration policy shifts /José-María Arraiza
- Between identity transmission and equal opportunities : the multiple dimensions of minorities' rights to education /Julie Ringelheim
- Overruling Murphy's law on the free choice of identity and the racial-ethnic-national terminology-triad : notes on how the legal and political conceptualization of minority communities and membership boundaries is induced by the groups' claims /András L. Pap
- MLE as an economic equaliser in India and Nepal : mother tongue based multilingual education fights poverty through capability development and identity support /Ajit Mohanty and Tove Skutnabb-Kangas
- English as pandemic? /Robert Phillipson
- The uneasy relationship between language issues and socio-economic participation : linguistically sensitive approaches to participation /Robert Dunbar
- A critical appraisal of the margin of appreciation left to states pertaining to "church-state relations" under the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights /Kristin Henrard
- Participation of Muslim minorities in the Spanish mainstream society /Eugenia Relaño Pastor
- A surviving treaty : the Lausanne minority protection in Greece and Turkey /Konstantinos Tsitselikis
- Discrimination, indigenous and tribal peoples, and social indicators /Lee Swepston
- Marginality, disempowerment and contested discourses on indigenousness in Africa /Felix Mukwiza Ndahinda
- Engaging the leviathan : national development, corporate globalisation and the Enderois' quest to discover their herding grounds /Korir Sing'Oei
- Notes on the implementation by Latin American courts of the ILO Convention 169 on Indigenous Peoples /Christian Courtis.