(Re)visualizing national history [electronic resource] : museums and national identities in Europe in the new millennium /
- Publication info:
- Toronto [Ont.] : University of Toronto Press, c2008 (Toronto, Ont. : Scholars Portal, 2013)
- EBook, Book, Online
- (Re)visualizing national history [electronic resource] : museums and national identities in Europe in the new millennium / edited by Robin Ostow.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Toronto [Ont.] : University of Toronto Press, 2008(Toronto, Ont. : Scholars Portal, 2013)
- Variant Title:
- Revisualizing national history.
Also available in print version.
- Physical Description:
1 electronic text (x, 228 p.) : ill., digital file.
- Technical Details:
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Bibliography:Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN:9781442687257 (electronic bk.)
- Access:Access restricted to York University faculty, staff and students.
Table of Contents
- Introduction. Museums and national identities in Europe in the twenty-first century / Robin Ostow
- pt. 1. The twenty-first century : new exhibits and new partnerships. Exhibition as film / Mieke Bal
- pt. 2. Reconfiguring national history : centralized and local strategies. The terror of the House / Istvaþn Reþv
- Putting contested history on display : the uses of the past in Northern Ireland / Elizabeth Crooke
- pt. 3. Restoring national history with international participation. Museums, multiculturalism, and the remaking of postwar Sarajevo / Edin Hajdarpas?icþ
- Building a Jewish museum in Germany in the twenty-first century / Bernhard Purin
- Remusealizing Jewish history in Warsaw : the privatization and externalization of nation building / Robin Ostow
- pt. 4. Displaying war, genocide, and the nation : from Ottawa to Berlin, 2005. Constructing the Canadian War Museum/constructing the landscape of a Canadian identity / Reesa Greenberg
- Peter Eisenman's design for Berlin's memorial for the murdered Jews of Europe : a juror's report in three parts / James E. Young.