Exclusionary rules in comparative law /
- Publication info:
- Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, c2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Exclusionary rules in comparative law / Stephen C. Thaman, editor.
- Other Authors:
Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, 2013
- Meeting Name:
International Congress of Comparative Law
- Item Description:
"This book ... grew out of excellent country studies on the criminal exclusionary rule prepared for the XVIII Congress of the International Academy of Comparative Law (IACL), which was held in Washington, D.C., from July 25 through August 1, 2010."--P. xi.
- Physical Description:
xv, 454 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- The United States : the rise and fall of the constitutional exclusionary rule / Mark E. Cammack
- Ireland : a move to categorical exclusion? / Arnaud Cras and Yvonne Marie Daly
- Scotland : a plea for consistency / Findlay Stark and Fiona Leverick
- Israel : the Supreme Court's new, cautious exclusionary rule / Rinat Kitai Sangero and Yuval Merin
- Germany : balancing truth against protected constitutional interests / Sabine Gless
- France : procedural nullities and exclusion / Jean Pradel
- Belgium : from categorical nullities to a judicially created balancing test / Marie-Aude Beernaert and Philip Traest
- The Netherlands : statutory balancing and a choice of remedies / Matthias J. Borgers and Lonneke Stevens
- Spain : the Constitutional Court's move from categorical exclusion to limited balancing / Lorena Bachmaier Winter
- Italy : statutory nullities and non-usability / Giulio Illuminati
- Greece : from statutory nullities to a categorical statutory exclusionary rule / Georgios Triantafyllou
- Turkey : the move to categorical exclusion of illegally gathered evidence / Adem Sözüer and Öznur Sevdiren
- Serbia : courts struggle with a new categorical statutory exclusionary rule / Snežana Brkić
- England and Wales : fair trial analysis and the presumed admissibility of physical evidence / Andrew L.-T. Choo
- Taiwan : the codification of a judicially-made discretionary exclusionary rule / Jaw-Perng Wang
- The European Court of Human Rights : the fair trial analysis under Article 6 of the European Convention of Human Rights / F. Pınar Ölçer
- Balancing truth against human rights : a theory of modern exclusionary rules / Stephen C. Thaman.