Neuroscience and legal responsibility /
- Publication info:
- New York : Oxford University Press, c2013.
Steacie Science and Engineering Library
On the Shelf
- Neuroscience and legal responsibility / edited by Nicole A Vincent.
- Other Authors:
New York : Oxford University Press, 2013
- Physical Description:
viii, 395 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9780199925605 (alk. paper)0199925607 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Law and neuroscience : historical context / Nicole A. Vincent
- Common criminal law compatibilism / Stephen J. Morse
- What can neurosciences say about responsibility? Taking the distinction between theoretical and practical reason seriously / Anne Ruth Mackor
- Irrationality, mental capacities and neuroscience / Jillian Craigie and Alicia Coram
- Skepticism concerning human agency : sciences of the self vs. "voluntariness" in the law / Paul Sheldon Davies
- The implications of heuristics and biases research on moral and legal responsibility : a case against the reasonable person standard / Leora Dahan-Katz
- Moral responsibility and consciousness : two challenges, one solution / Neil Levy
- Translating scientific evidence into the language of the "folk" : executive function as capacity-responsibility / Katrina L. Sifferd
- Neuroscience, deviant appetites and the criminal law / Colin Gavaghan
- Is psychopathy a mental disease? / Thomas Nadelhoffer and Walter Sinnott-Armstrong
- Addiction, choice, and disease : how voluntary is voluntary action in addiction? / Jeanette Kennett
- How may neuroscience affect the way that the criminal courts deal with addicted offenders? / Wayne Hall and Adrian Carter
- Enhancing responsibility / Nicole A. Vincent
- Guilty minds in washed brains? Manipulation cases, excuses and the limits of neuroscientific excuses in liberal legal orders / Christoph Bublitz and Reinhard Merkel.