The proposed Nordic Saami Convention : national and international dimensions of indigenous property rights /
- Publication info:
- Oxford ; Portland, OR : Hart, 2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
- The proposed Nordic Saami Convention : national and international dimensions of indigenous property rights / edited by Nigel Bankes and Timo Koivurova.
- Other Authors:
Oxford ; Portland, OR : Hart, 2013
- Portion of Title:
- National and international dimensions of indigenous property rights
- Local Note:
Original publisher's dust jacket is kept and preserved as a separate item.
- Item Description:
"Nigel Bankes is a Professor of Law at the University of Calgary, Alberta" .
- Physical Description:
xv, 417 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Nigel Bankes and Timo Koivurova
- Recognising the property interests of indigenous peoples within settler societies : some different conceptual approaches / Nigel Bankes
- Acknowledging and accommodating legal pluralism : an application to the draft Nordic Saami Convention / Jonnette Watson Hamilton
- The public-law dimension of indigenous property rights / Jeremy Webber
- Can Saami transnational indigenous peoples exercise their self-determination in a world of sovereign states? / Timo Koivurova
- The Nordic Saami Convention : the right of a people to control issues of importance to them / Leena Heinamaki
- Cross-border reindeer husbandry : between ancient usage rights and state sovereignty / Else Grete Broderstad
- The Draft Nordic Saami Convention and the assessment of evidence of Saami use of land / Øyvind Ravna
- Who holds the reindeer-herding right in Sweden? : a key issue in legislation / Christina Allard
- The Draft Nordic Saami Convention and the indigenous population in Finland / Juha Joona
- The subjects of the Draft Nordic Saami Convention / Tanja Joona
- On customary law among the Saami people / Elina Helander-Renvall
- The Achuar people in Ecuador : towards territorial and political autonomy / Verónica Potes
- The Australian approach to recognising the land rights of indigenous peoples : the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth) / Sharon Mascher
- The forms of recognition of indigenous property rights in settler states : modern land claim agreements in Canada / Nigel Bankes
- The Nordic Saami Convention and the rights of Saami women : lessons from Canada / Jennifer Koshan
- Conclusion / Nigel Bankes and Timo Koivurova.