Towards a Chinese civil code [electronic resource] : comparative and historical perspectives /
- Publication info:
- Leiden : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2012.
- EBook, Book, Online
- Towards a Chinese civil code [electronic resource] : comparative and historical perspectives / edited by Lei Chen, C.H. (Remco) van Rhee.
- Other Authors:
Leiden : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2012
Electronic monograph in PDF format.
- Physical Description:
1 online resource (xiii, 562 p.).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9789004204881 (electronic book)9789004204874 (hbk. : alk. paper)9004204873 (hbk. : alk. paper)9004204881 (e-book)9789004204881 (e-book)
Access restricted to York University faculty, staff and students with a valid York University IP address.
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Lei Chen and Remco van Rhee
- The systematization of the Chinese civil code / Liming Wang
- From a supplementary legislator to a legitimate judicial lawmaker : on the role of the Supreme People's Court
- In developing the law in mainland China / Zhenbao Jin
- Factors ensuring the success or failure of draft codifications : some European experiences / Dirk Heirbaut
- Years of Chinese property law : looking back and thinking forward / Lei Chen
- Can European property law be codified? : towards the development of property notions / Sjef van Erp
- A comparative assessment of the provisions of the new Chinese property code on condominiums / Cornelius G. van der Merwe
- Conceptualizing the Chinese trust : some thoughts from Europe / Kenneth G.C. Reid
- A snapshot of Chinese contract law from an historical and comparative perspective / Shiyuan Han
- Codification in Europe and China : what makes contract law special? / Jan M. Smits
- Service contracts in Chinese contract law : an approach according to the European Draft Common Frame of Reference / Knut Benjamin Pissler
- Third party rights in contract : a case study on codifying and not codifying / Hector L. Macqueen
- The bases of liability in Chinese tort liability law-historical and comparative perspectives / Yan Zhu
- A common law-like civil law and a public face for private law : China's tort law in comparative perspective
- Jacques de lisle
- Uncertain causes : the Chinese tort liability law in comparative perspective / Ken Oliphant
- Chinese medical negligence law : how to distinguish and accommodate common law principles? / Xiju Zhao
- The great spill in the gulf and a sea of pure economic loss : reflections on the boundaries of civil liability / Vernon Valentine Palmer
- The position of judges in civil litigation in transitional China : judicial mediation and case management / Yulin Fu and Zhixun Cao
- The influence of the 1895 Austrian ZPO in the Netherlands / Cornelis Hendrik (Remco) van Rhee
- Judicial case management in France : tradition into modernity about some aspects of contemporary tendencies in French civil procedure / Loic Cadiet.