The democratic dilemma : reforming Canada's Supreme Court /
- Publication info:
- Kingston, Ont. : Intergovernmental Relations, School of Policy Studies, Queen's University ; Montreal : McGill-Queen's University Press, c2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Minutes of proceedings and evidence of the Legislative Committee on Bill C-53, an Act to amend the Supreme Court Act and to amend various other acts in consequence thereof = Procès-verbaux et témoignages du Comité législatif sur le Projet de loi C-53, Loi modifiant la loi sur la Cour suprême et apportant des modifications corrélative à d'autres lois.
KF 8764 ZA2 C3517 1987
Office consolidations of the Supreme Court Act, R.S.C., c. 259 as amended by R.S.C. 1952, c. 335, 1956, c. 48 and Rules of the Supreme Court of Canada, 1945 as amended by General Orders dated... November 1, 1960 =[Loi sur la Cour Suprême...et règles de la cour Sûprême du Canada, 1945...]. --
KF 8764 ZA2 C35 1960
- Corporate Subject:
- Corporate Subject:
- The democratic dilemma : reforming Canada's Supreme Court / edited by Nadia Verrelli.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Kingston, Ont. : Montreal : Intergovernmental Relations, School of Policy Studies, Queen's University ; 2013
- Portion of Title:
- Reforming Canada's Supreme Court
- Language Notes:
Chiefly in English; one article and abstracts in French.
- Item Description:
Text in English; abstract in French.
- Physical Description:
xiii, 291 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Appointment of Thomas A. Cromwell to the Supreme Court of Canada / Peter W. Hogg
- Should Canada have a representative Supreme Court? / Lorne Sossin
- Should Supreme Court judges be required to be bilingual? / Sébastien Grammond and Mark Power
- Respecting legal pluralism in Canada : Indigenous Bar Association appeals to Harper government to appoint an aboriginal justice to the Supreme Court of Canada / Indigenous Bar Association
- Indigenous Bar Assoication urges Prime Minister Harper to remove barriers to judicial appointments for indigenous judges / Indigenous Bar Association
- Intergovernmental relations and the Supreme Court of Canada : the changing place of the provinces in judicial selection reform / Erin Crandall
- The jurisprudence of "Canada's fudamental values" and appointment to the Supreme Court of Canada / F.C. DeCoste
- Supreme Court appointments : by Parliament, not PM, and shorter / Tom Kent
- Looking for good judge : merit and ideology / Allan C. Hiutchinson
- Reforming the SCC : rethinking legitimacy and the appointment process / Nadia Verrelli
- The legitimacy of constitutional arbitration in a multinational federative system : the case of the Supreme Court of Canada / Eugénie Brouillet and Yves Tanguay
- Réformer le processus de nomination des juges de la Cour suprême? / Andrée Lajoie
- Reform of the Supeme Court of Canada from within : to what extent should the Court weigh in regarding constitutional conventions? / Peter C. Oliver
- Reforming the Supreme Court : the one-court problem and the two-court solution / Peter McCormick
- The United Kingdom's new Supreme Court / Alan Trench
- Choosing the deciders : the Supreme Court nomination and confirmation process in the United States / Aman L. McLeod
- The Federal Constitutional Court of Germany : a central player in a federal state / Arthur Benz and Eike-Christian Hornig
- Constitutional Court appointment : the South African process / Yonatan T. Fessha
- The Court of Justice of the European Union : federalizing actor in a multilevel system / Achim Hurrelmann and Martin Manolov
- Judging Europe : drawing lessons from the Europen Court of Human Rights / Neil Cruickshank
- Contributions to a coherent and consistent judges' appointment process of a constitutional court : the case of the Supreme Court of Argentina / Jorge O. Bercholc
- Appendix - The Supreme Court of Canada : a chronology of change / Jonathan Aiello.