Safeguarding adults and the law /
- Publication info:
- London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Safeguarding adults and the law / Michael Mandelstam.
- Main Author:
- Mandelstam, Michael, 1956-
- Other Authors:
London ; Philadelphia : Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2013
- 2nd ed.
- Item Description:
Rev. ed. of: Safeguarding vulnerable adults and the law / Michael Mandelstam. 2009.
- Physical Description:
671 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Overview of themes and chapters
- Safeguarding law and policy
- Proportionate interventions, the state, human rights (and discrimination law)
- Local social services authorities : pivotal role in safeguarding
- The National Health Service : law, policy and guidance on safeguarding
- The National Health Service : systemic poor care and neglect
- Regulation of health and social care providers
- Regulation of health and social care professionals
- Barring workers : the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Regulating workers : criminal record certificates
- Irregular regulation : whistle-blowing
- Mental capacity
- Inherent jurisdiction of the High Court
- Interventions and removal of people from their own homes (including in circumstances of self-neglect)
- Civil orders and housing matters
- Sharing and disclosure of personal and other information
- Criminal justice : prosecution, evidence, protecting victims, coroners
- Criminal justice support for vulnerable victims and witnesses
- Criminal justice assistance for vulnerable suspects
- Physical harm and abuse : criminal offences
- Sexual offences
- Financial harm and abuse : criminal offences
- Undue influence : gifts, wills (law of equity)
- Harm and civil wrongs, including negligence